Monday, October 24, 2011

Dogtoberfest

Last Saturday we went to Dogtoberfest in Dallas, NC. It was basically like any other festival, accept geared toward dogs. Everyone brought their dogs and all the booths were dog-related. It was amazing!!! We had a SEGDI tent where we just got information out about SEDGI and the Walk-a-thon coming up in March. Oakley was very excited at the beginning and wasn't very well behaved, but as the day went on, he calmed down and was great! He won third place in the Egg Race with my dad!!! He won Apple and Banana flavored treats and a ribbon. I one first place in the T-shirt race with Chance, our Area Coordinator's dog. This week we say goodbye to Waffles, Happy, Judy, and Hedwig, sisters who are going IFT (or back to SEGDI). I'm sure they'll all do great! Oakley turned 8 months this month and I feel like he's growing up too fast. :( He's a great dog, and very loving, and I wouldn't trade him for anything. As far as training goes, he learns fast, and is doing wonderfully. He's a very good listener and I am very proud of him!!! I just can't believe he'll be a year old in only 4 months. Time flies when you're raising a Guide Dog in Training. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment